This isn’t your typical hackathon. For the first time, developers, engineers, designers and entrepreneurs will have the chance to come together with Canon USA to work on cutting-edge solutions in imaging for commercial applications. You’ll be provided with an array of imaging equipment, an SDK and APIs, food, shelter, and mentorship; but, the ideas will be all your own. Imaging is evolving. Will you be there as it develops?
Join Canon USA this December for Canon USA’s first-ever hackathon, focusing on imaging. Together, the NYC tech community will work for more than two days to help create unique and trail-blazing solutions using Canon’s EOS DSLR SDK, an API for Canon’s new Multi-Purpose Module Camera, and other exciting applications. Both startup and fresh code teams are welcome to join and will have different challenges to face depending on starting level.
Participants will be eligible for more than $10,000 in prizes. Register today to save your spot.
Where: Impact Hub, 394 Broadway, New York, NY 10013 NY
When: December 2 – 3, 2017
- The team that creates the best overall solution between the startup or fresh code winners will also receive a mentorship session with Canon USA team leaders to speak about their solution, with the potential to attend the 2018 CES Show and present their solution at Canon USA’s Booth in Las Vegas on January 9-12, 2018.
Fresh Code Challenge
The fresh code challenge will allow attendees to bring their greatest ideas to this hackathon and create something unique and cutting-edge focused on enterprise imaging solutions. Attendees can create wireframes, designs and user flows but can not start coding until coding begins at the hackathon.
The startup challenge will allow you to integrate the Canon SDKs into your existing business plan to create a solution that is innovative and focused on enterprise imaging solutions.
- Teams of up to 5 participants are allowed. All Team members must have agreed to the CodeCanon participation agreement to compete.
- You may not begin your project until the competition officially begins. This goes for both startup and fresh code teams. If you are building on top of your startup solution, please wait to integrate the Canon solution until the event begins. This is done to keep things fair.
- You must include either the Canon EOS SDK or Canon’s Multi-Purpose Module Camera API in your solution. All applicable tech packages will be announced closer to the event.
- Teams have full ownership of everything they build and are free to do with it as they wish.
- Winning teams may be subject to a code review at any time
Meet Our Judges
Product Design Manager at General Assembly
Mr. Aizawa Takashi
Manager of Digital Camera External Interface Software (USB, WiFi, BLE) Development and Application/SDK Development for Digital Camera Products at Canon, Inc.
CEO at Tome Software
Founder/CEO at FoxTales
Co-Founder at ID8
Each submission will be scored based on the following criteria with a minimum score of 0 and a maximum score of 25 points, with the final score being the average of the judges’ scores:
- Integration: How well did you integrate Canon’s SDK or API into your solution?
- UI/UX: Beyond design, have you thought through the end-to-end user experience for your solution?
- Originality: How original, creative or unique is the idea?
- Scalability: How scalable is the solution? Will it make an impact on the enterprise market?
- Execution: How well did the team execute and explain their problem? Did they demo a working solution?
- 9:00am Doors Open & Breakfast
- 10:30 am Opening Ceremony & Presentations
- 11:30am Coding Begins
- 12:00 pm Lunch
- 1:00 pm Breakout Sessions
- 6:00 pm Dinner
- 8:00 pm Pitch Workshop
- 12:00 am Midnight Snack
- 12:00 – 8:00 am Hack through the night
- 7:00 am Breakfast
- 12:00 pm Lunch
- 1:00 pm Submission Deadline
- 2:00 pm Judging Begins
- 3:30 pm Judge Deliberation
- 4:00pm Awards
- 4:30 pm Closing